John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 835M that I installed the BUC10608 front turn signal kit, and the BM26265 front attachment wiring harness kit on it. I found all the connectors on the kit front harness and the under dash harness, except for the plug for the under dash wiring harness from the kit, into the main machine wiring harness under the dash. I can't find a plug that will match up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just encountered exactly the same problem as you with the BM26265 harness, on a 2022 XUV835M. It looks like the main wiring uses a 16 pin connector, but the harness has a 12 pin connector. How did you ever resolve this?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Certainly would have been nice for the OP to present their outcome.

Unfortunately many first time posters like to initiate a question, but never return.

Perhaps you’ll be able provide a solution once resolved.

It also amazes me that customers are willing to pay top dollar for JD accessories but insufficient directions to complete the installation.

Reactions: 711gator

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just encountered exactly the same problem as you with the BM26265 harness, on a 2022 XUV835M. It looks like the main wiring uses a 16 pin connector, but the harness has a 12 pin connector. How did you ever resolve this?
I am still working on this, but I think I found the problem. The BM26265 harness I believe is for older XUV835M with serial numbers under 40000. The correct wiring harness kit for the newer XUV835M with serial numbers 40001 and up, should take the BUC10809 harness. John Deere apparently doesn't like to tell Gator owners which harness and other parts fits the models with different serial number sequences. They want you to bring the Gator in to them to put the parts on. I was finally able to find a dealer that told me the correct harness part number. I just got the BUC10809 harness in the mail a couple of days ago, but I have not tried it to see if it is correct. It will be a couple more days before I am able to work on it and try it. The harness does have the large oval 16 pin connector, so I believe it should be the right one. Most dealers show on their parts pages that the BUC10809 is on back order. I did find a couple dealers in the country that had them in stock.

·
Administrator
4,051 Posts
I am still working on this, but I think I found the problem. The BM26265 harness I believe is for older XUV835M with serial numbers under 40000. The correct wiring harness kit for the newer XUV835M with serial numbers 40001 and up, should take the BUC10809 harness. John Deere apparently doesn't like to tell Gator owners which harness and other parts fits the models with different serial number sequences. They want you to bring the Gator in to them to put the parts on. I was finally able to find a dealer that told me the correct harness part number. I just got the BUC10809 harness in the mail a couple of days ago, but I have not tried it to see if it is correct. It will be a couple more days before I am able to work on it and try it. The harness does have the large oval 16 pin connector, so I believe it should be the right one. Most dealers show on their parts pages that the BUC10809 is on back order. I did find a couple dealers in the country that had them in stock.
If you haven’t tried the online parts catalog, give it try it’s extremely helpful. It will show the parts by the correct series of your PIN. A couple great on line dealerships are Green Farm Parts and Green Parts Store. Both of these sites have links to part diagrams or you can go to partscatalog.deere.com

As a reminder Deere does not use the Date of Manufacture for referencing parts or accessories, they use the PIN or Product Identification Number.

·
Administrator
4,051 Posts
Welcome,

Feel free to post often, photos are always appreciated !

As a FYI, when sourcing parts Deere does not reference the DOM or Date of Manufacture, they use the PIN or Product Identification Number.

Depending on the model, the PIN can be found on a placard in front of right rear tire on the frame OR stamped on the frame under the passenger seat and sometimes on a label near the rear hitch.

If you are curious as to the DOM of your Gator, look under John Deere Gator Forums, click on the first discussion area What Year Is My Gator then click on Model Year Lookup Table If your PIN is not there see your dealership.

There are several online Deere part warehouses such as Green Farm Parts (use code GTT for discount) or Green Parts Store (use code TTWT for free shipping). These online companies can often provide better pricing than local dealerships.

Additionally, please check out @SuperATV for aftermarket accessories for your Gator:

SuperATV

Operator and Technical Manuals can be found at the link below:

Manuals

Parts Catalog and Part Diagrams can be found at the link below:

Parts Catalog and Part Diagrams

Additionally, use the robust Search Community function on the forum, there is a great deal of information available through this function.

Vehicle Terrestrial plant Travel Adaptation Screenshot

Finally please review how to use this forum, click on FAQ from here you will learn how to post, add a profile, send conversations (messages to other members), add photo, etc.

As a reminder, this forum is only as good as it’s members; if you should seek advise from others and you find a solution to your issue, please remember to post a response with a resolution. This will help others with similar issues in the future.

Thank you, Enjoy your Gator !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran into the very same problem the dealership had to take the hood off of a new gator in the show room because they didn’t believe me it’s a catalog part number confusion.

·
Administrator
4,051 Posts
I ran into the very same problem the dealership had to take the hood off of a new gator in the show room because they didn’t believe me it’s a catalog part number confusion.
Remember to always use the PIN when sourcing parts,Deere does not use the Date of Manufacture.

Depending on the model, the PIN can be found on a placard in front of right rear tire on the frame OR stamped on the frame under the passenger seat and sometimes on a label near the rear hitch.

If you are curious as to the DOM of your Gator, look under John Deere Gator Forums, click on the first discussion area What Year Is My Gator then click on Model Year Lookup Table If your PIN is not there see your dealership.

There are several online Deere part warehouses such as Green Farm Parts (use code GTT for discount) or Green Parts Store (use code TTWT for free shipping). These online companies can often provide better pricing than local dealerships.

Additionally, please check out @SuperATV for aftermarket accessories for your Gator:

SuperATV

Operator and Technical Manuals can be found at the link below:

Manuals

Parts Catalog and Part Diagrams can be found at the link below:

Parts Catalog and Part Diagrams

Additionally, use the robust Search Community function on the forum, there is a great deal of information available through this function.

Vehicle Terrestrial plant Travel Adaptation Screenshot

Finally please review how to use this forum, click on FAQ from here you will learn how to post, add a profile, send conversations (messages to other members), add photo, etc.

As a reminder, this forum is only as good as it’s members; if you should seek advise from others and you find a solution to your issue, please remember to post a response with a resolution. This will help others with similar issues in the future.

Thank you, Enjoy your Gator !

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. Let us know when you get it installed to confirm that it works.
I finally got the turn signals to work with harness kit BUC10809. Now I'm stuck with not being able to return harness kit BM26265, because it is an electrical part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It took me three different wiring harness kits to get the correct one for my Gator. All three kits said they were for the XUV835M turn signals. It apparently all depends on serial numbers of the gator.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
90% of the forum members only concern themselves with model number or year of manufacture, neither of which are used to correctly identify parts or literature. If you used a JD dealer, they should have asked for this info when ordering. If ordering elsewhere, you learned the hard way. :(

Bradhill does a nice job of alerting about the importance of the PIN and did so within this thread.

Perhaps you can sell the wiring harness and recoup some of the cost.

Reactions: 711gator

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally got the turn signals to work with harness kit BUC10809. Now I'm stuck with not being able to return harness kit BM26265, because it is an electrical part.
My dealer used all the info from the new gator they sold me and I still had to take The dash apart three times I finally got the right harness and they took the old one back because they sold me the wrong one.

·
Administrator
4,051 Posts
If the dealership lead you astray they should take it back if not you can list it for sale in the appropriate discussion area on the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can confirm that the harness kit BUC10809 works on serial numbers above 40000, below that use BM26265. This is confusing because it is never spelled out when you search for the harness, it is necessary to go to the parts diagrams (for your serial number range) and poke around to find the harness you want, then look at the part number. In either kit you get two harnesses, one for in the dash, one for under the hood. The harness that goes under the hood is the same for both kits, only the one under the dash is different.

·
Administrator
4,051 Posts
I can confirm that the harness kit BUC10809 works on serial numbers above 40000, below that use BM26265. This is confusing because it is never spelled out when you search for the harness, it is necessary to go to the parts diagrams (for your serial number range) and poke around to find the harness you want, then look at the part number. In either kit you get two harnesses, one for in the dash, one for under the hood. The harness that goes under the hood is the same for both kits, only the one under the dash is different.
Yes, always use the PIN when sourcing parts.

Reactions: 711gator and 200mph

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is exactly what I found out through trial and error.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts