John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 835R that has started shutting down at 25 mph; let it slow down and it accelerates fine until you hit 25mph again. It bogs like you cut the fuel off or a chip is shutting it down until it slows to 24mph and then it acts normal again; until you try and go over 25mph. It runs fine otherwise.

I've looked/checked and apparently, these models don't have the external fuel filter to change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response. I've read this one does too, but it's not enabled.
This has been an off-and-on problem. This is the 3rd time in the last month or two. I got in it today and it's running normal again. I'm taking it into JD tomorrow, I'm hoping its thrown a code or something they can find; it's hard to fix something when it's not acting up at the time.
It's got me scared to take it away from the house.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahh I know. We're you messing with the dash display buttons? There is a switchable speed limiter setting in the dash. You can read about it in the owners manual. I inadvertantly set mine which means I also inadvertantly set a four digit code for future access to change back. Since I've only had a few months and have three teenage boys, I ok with the limiter for now. Dealer has a master code which I'll get when I feel the need for more speed. Sounds like you set the limiter and need to turn off. If you didn't consciously do this then you don't know what code you set. Get the master code from the dealer. Read the manual. This also tells me this feature isn't all that intuitive. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts