John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know of aftermarket cross reference glow plug numbers for a 3007d003. I recently bought a 6x4 diesel and I am sure the dealer will want an arm and a leg for new glow plugs. Also could anyone tell me the year from serial number w006x4d006559? I have been running Deere Ag equipment since I can remember but am new to the gators. Info seems to be hard to find so I figured this forum would be my best bet. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snowplow

I have been looking at plows but the one I like (eagle) is saying it fits 01-04. I didn't think the front frames changed. Do you know of any reason it would not fit or what modifications would need made. I am a toolmaker with welding and fabricating experience so a few mods would not be a big deal to me as long as I don't pay for a mount and have to totally redesign it. Your input is very valued to me. I can't seem to find anyone with a lot of experience on these machines. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had to buy a glow-plug for a tractor and went through the dealer, we always joke that their parts are gold-plated because of the price; the glow-plug was just under $15, I was pleasantly surprised for a change!!

Any way, it is worth asking. Also worth testing the plug with an ohm-meter; they should read about 1 ohm from the terminal to the ground (cylinder head.)
They should get about 9 volts, not 12 V. There's other things that will make poor starting. Ensure all the battery cables are clean and bright and tight at ALL 4 ends. Corrosion can creep under the plastic insulating sheath and make essentially the cable only about 1/2 the diameter of original. This all limits the power to the starter, then it doesn't spin fast enough; and a diesel needs a certain rpm to start, turn it too slow and bloopy-blurpblurp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts