John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys I looked again today and numbers have changed again. I think it is something like this on the serial number I hope? WO4XZ(or 2)3D049485. Any body have any Ideas. Help Needed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is. Rusty and paint removed. Tag almost non readable. I pulled tag off and read part of it, rest was visable on frame. Am fairly sure about the D049485. This is above the battery. I don't know of any other locations to look for a S/N.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Year Of Manufacture

Well friends I think I have finally settled the S/N problem. Holding the paint I peeled off the frame it reads W04x2SD049485. Is it a TX Model of a 4x2 Gator? Is it a 2008 model? Any and all information would be greatly apprecieated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Year Of Manufacture

Well this will be a last ditch effort. Looked again today. Defineately is W04X2 Next an 8 or a S then absolutely D049485.
So its W04X2 "8" or "S" D04985. Any Ideas? TX It si a simple gator had three dials built in on dash board. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Give Up

Thank everyone for their time in this wild goose chase. I have given all the information I can. I have looked at pictures and it resembles a TX 4X2 Gator. It was a plain Jane model for sure. It had a OSHA approved roll bar on it. Dash board had three circles in the instrument panel. There again the serial number is W04X2"3,8,9"D049485. So now I have to say UNCLE. Once again Thank You For Your Time.
vaughn45

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Give Up

Well people in my attempts to locate the year of manufacture I was very gratefully surprised with a phone call this afternoon. As it turns out the missing character was an "S", making the S/N W04X2SD049485. This is supposed to cross over to a 2009 TS model Gator. I thought I would let every one know, and there again thank you for your time.
Vaughn45

·
Registered
904 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!!! I am glad that was found out for you. What are your plans with the gator????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well sir it came to help me a lot . I already ordered a drive belt RE27821 and received it and now I find out it takes the M150046 belt. Sonow I can begin to figure out what parts I will require to make this better. Looks as if it had three gages or dials in a printed panel which had a electrical inlay made into it. Not sure what these three circles was showing. That item may be hard to locate. Will try to put this thing into better shape than it is. The only reason I posted what I had found out, of which I hope is correct, is to let the forem know for their benefit.
Vaughn45

1 - 11 of 11 Posts