John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone... I have just become the proud owner of a used Trail Gator 6X4 and stumbled on this site. Seems finding out what year these are is very popular! My PIN is W006X4X040575. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new/used machine!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Batman and Gatordone. Took it out this past weekend to help with the chores and it promptly over heated after about 10 minutes. It seems the coolant isn't circulating through the motor. Radiator is full but not flowing. Checked the hoses not even warm. Hoping just air bound but probably needs a pump.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Air/Vapor Lock? Have you tried burping the system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to try that this weekend. The coolant looks fresh so I'm thinking the system may have been drained and not correctly filled.

·
Registered
904 Posts
That is a good possibility. Cause if they fully drained it and filled it back up and did not get all the air bubbles out, that could be the problem.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hate to hear that, keep us informed on whats goin on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news!!! Actually talked to "Gator Guy" and he adviced me to burp it a few times as sometimes it takes quite a few to get all the air out....Gator is now up and running and wished I had one of these a long time ago!!!

Thanks for everyones advise enjoying this forum very much.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good Deal!!!!!!!! Glad you got it fixed and did not have to buy a water pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts