John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping I can get those of you who own a Gator 825i Model to post what tire and wheel combo you are currently running . . . would like to see a close up photo of the tire and wheel you settled on with maybe a text description of tire and wheel indicating tire name and wheel name. I'm still shopping around . . . big decision for me since it will have to be an online purchase and don't want to make any mistakes.

FredSG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, I will start.

I have a 15x5 trailer aluminum rim. Offset is zero mm and the bore is 3.19. Bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5

The tires are 215/75R15 BFGoodrich Mud Terrains.

20190727_124640.jpg

Fitment is good. Rubs on a tight turn in reverse.

Gator Front.jpg

That being said, I just got a set of 15x7.5 rims delivered on Saturday that I am going to swap the tires on to so that I can attempt to "widen" the tire out. My 215 tires are supposed to be mounted on 6" to 7.5" rims according to BFG so I am going to change them and see how they fit when I get some free time. I dry fit one rim yesterday to check turning clearance, appears to be ok, but I am going to have to throw a tire on to check for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bradhill,

Thanks for the link . . . I had visited that web site, but I am hoping to find a street radial tire that will fit OK on a 15" wheel. My original Gator stock tires are still in great shape and can always use them for serious off road rides. The street radial tires will get more use in my situation where I live.

FredSG

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I had a chance last night to swap the tires over to the new wheels.

20200318_173937.jpg

I like the look of the tire on the 7.5" wide rim better IMO.

20200318_173957.jpg

It was raining here last night, so I did not go for a spin other than to check clearances and there is slight rub still on the full crack of a tight turn, but as I did before, I can live with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts